Dennis L. Caputo, REM, CHMM, QEP, CEP
General Resume as PDF
Publications and Presentations as PDF
American College of Forensic Examiners Institute Certificate as PDF
BS Plastics Technology –University of Massachusetts at Lowell, Lowell, MA
MS Industrial Management – Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
MS Environmental Management – University of Houston Clear Lake, TX
MA Theological Studies (no thesis) – Houston Graduate School of Theology, TX
Post Graduate Studies:
Environmental Hazards – University of Houston Clear Lake
Geology – University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Quest Consulting, Inc., President, Principal Consultant, 1997 – Present
Proler International Corp., Vice President, Environmental and Safety Compliance, 1989 – 1997
Adjunct Professor in Environmental Management, University of Houston Clear Lake,
1980 – 1984, 1993
ENSR Consulting & Engineering, Principal Consultant and Supervisor of Hydrogeology and Safety Sections, 1985 – 1989
Gulf Oil Chemical Company/Gulf Oil Products Company, Environmental Coordinator and Environmental Manager, 1980 – 1984
Exxon Chemical Americas/Exxon Research & Engineering, Environmental Coordinator, Plant Supervisor, and Staff Engineer, 1969 – 1980
US Naval Flight Officer, 1971
Certified Hazardous Material Manager, Masters Level, #3082
Registered Environmental Manager, #3062
Certified Environmental Professional, Environmental Operations, # 1609
Qualified Environmental Professional, #06940072
Diplomat of the American Board of Forensic Engineering and Technology, #20937
Certified Professional Environmental Auditor, Health & Safety, #438
Mr. Caputo holds an MS in Environmental Management, an MS in Industrial Management and BS in Plastics Technology. He has authored or presented over 50 papers dealing with environmental issues. He has served as an adjunct professor in Environmental Management at the University of Houston – Clear Lake, teaching both graduate and undergraduate courses. Mr. Caputo has served on the ASTM committee that developed the standards for conducting both Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments.
- Mr. Caputo is the President of Quest Consulting, Inc. and has over 29 years of industrial and environmental experience. His experience includes:
- As the founder and President of Quest Consulting, Inc., Mr. Caputo has assisted clients in evaluating and developing cost effective solutions for contaminated properties, river and lakes. He has acted as a consulting and testifying expert on contaminated properties, leaking underground storage tanks and groundwater. He has also evaluated and recommended environmental insurance for clients for over 40 sites where contamination was possible or known to exist. He has directed environmental remediation cost evaluation for multiple sites for the insurance industry including manufacturing plants, chemical plants, and refineries.
- Vice President and Environmental Officer for Proler International Corp., the world’s largest exporter of scrap steel. He was responsible for over 30 facilities in the United States and Mexico. Mr. Caputo was responsible for developing innovative solutions for environmental liabilities as Proler bought and sold facilities throughout North America. He directed the environmental due diligence program when Proler, a publicly held corporation, and Proler’s interests in various partnerships, were acquired by a steel company. Mr. Caputo directed the investigation and remediation of landfills, waste piles, contaminated soils, groundwater, underground storage tanks, and Superfund sites throughout North America. He represented Proler on seven multiparty Superfund PRP and Technical Committees.
- Principal for ENSR Consulting and Engineering, an international environmental consulting firm. He was principal in charge of a study of oil and gas exploration and production wastes for the American Petroleum Institute. That study included evaluating drilling fluids and muds, produced waters and associated wastes from oil and gas activities throughout the United States. He testified before EPA hearings and in California on the results of that study.
- Environmental Manager for Gulf Oil Chemicals Co. Mr. Caputo was responsible for 72 facilities in 28 states. He also represented Gulf on 24 Superfund PRP and Technical Committees. He directed efforts to investigate and remediate contaminated soils, surface water and ground water, including PCB and dioxin impacts. He also worked with investigation and remediation of contaminated properties associated with specialty chemicals manufacturing; the explosive industry; inorganic chemical manufacturing including catalysts, pigments, acids and reactive chemicals; and petrochemical facilities. Mr. Caputo directed the environmental due diligence program for all worldwide acquisitions and divestitures. He also developed and implemented the worldwide Gulf Oil corporate environmental due diligence program.
- Environmental Coordinator for Gulf Oil Products Co. He was responsible for responding to leaking underground storage tanks in the southern half of the US, and investigating and remediating releases from bulk terminals and refineries. He coordinated the due diligence investigation for the divestiture of over 650 service stations, 13 bulk terminals, and a refinery in the southwest US